Look Younger with Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
You've probably spent more money than you realize on skincare products that didn't live up to their promises. When the latest "miracle" cream has absolutely no effect on your lines and wrinkles, it's not unusual to feel more than a little disappointed.
Yet, many of us immediately search for another pricey product, hoping it will be the one that actually helps. Why waste money on products that don't work when facial rejuvenation acupuncture offers a more effective, long-lasting way to treat visible signs of aging?
How Does Acupuncture Improve Signs of Aging?
Acupuncture treatment ensures that Qi, a vital life force that flows through your body, remains unobstructed. Qi blockages can affect your physical and mental health and lead to pain, indigestion, nausea, insomnia, or depression. Blockages may also affect your appearance.
Acupuncturists relieve blockages by inserting hair-thin needles into your skin at strategic points. Needles are placed in meridians, channels that serve as pathways for the Qi. Although acupuncture needles are inserted into your face for facial rejuvenation treatment, sometimes the best location for the insertion of the needles is far from the face.
Treatments improve your appearance by:
- Stimulating Collagen Production. Inserting acupuncture needles into your skin increases the production of collagen, a protein that tones the skin and improves elasticity. Increasing collagen can help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and decrease sagging. South Korean researchers reported that facial elasticity increased in women aged 40 to 59 who received five acupuncture treatments.
- Improving Muscle Tone. Sagging muscles are an inevitable part of aging. As your facial muscles sag, wrinkles develop on the overlying skin. Facial rejuvenation acupuncture naturally improves muscle tone in your face, neck, chin, and jawline.
- Reducing Swelling. Treatments also reduce overall facial swelling and make under-eye bags less prominent.
- Clearing Acne. You don't have to be a teenager to suffer from acne. In fact, hormonal flareups are common during the perimenopause years. Luckily, regular acupuncture treatments can keep your skin clear and pimple free.
- Decreasing Pore Size. As if lines and wrinkles weren't bad enough, many people also notice enlarged pores as they age. Acupuncture treatments decrease pore size and enhance facial texture.
- Improving Blood Circulation. Treatments may increase circulation to your face, decreasing inflammation and redness while improving muscle tone. Improved circulation may also brighten your skin, which can be an important benefit if you've noticed that your complexion has begun to look dull or sallow.
- Decreasing Muscle Tension. When you're under pressure, you may tend to frown or make other expressions that cause your muscles to tighten. The longer you make the expressions, the more likely you'll notice lines and wrinkles. Acupuncture treatment relieves muscle tension, which may help fine lines and wrinkles become smoother.
Other Ways Acupuncture Can Rejuvenate Your Appearance
Stress can take a toll on every part of your body, including your face. When you're under stress, your body releases cortisol, a hormone that helps you respond to stressors. Unfortunately, cortisol also speeds collagen loss. If you're frequently stressed, you may soon begin to see lines and wrinkles.
Acupuncture treatments help to relieve tension and stress as well as prevent the release of cortisol. Insertion of the needles also spurs your body to produce endorphins, natural chemicals that help you relax.
Increased cortisol production can also occur if you frequently experience insomnia, a problem that seems to worsen with age. High levels of cortisol trigger inflammation and can even speed the aging process.
Without enough sleep, your body can't repair your cells or tissues and collagen loss can accelerate. Acupuncture treatments can decrease both anxiety and stress while simultaneously increasing production of melatonin, a natural hormone that helps you feel sleepy. Acupuncture is often used in conjunction with herbal medications to treat insomnia.
Have you been looking for an effective anti-aging treatment that works? Facial rejuvenation acupuncture offers a natural way to turn back time and reduce the signs of aging. Contact us to schedule an appointment if you're interested in the anti-aging benefits of acupuncture.
New York Times: Hold the Chemicals, Bring on the Needles, 12/3/7
Evidence Based Complementary Alternative Medicine, 7/8/13
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine: Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
NaturalPath: Looking to Achieve a Healthy Glow, 12/21/17