The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of a wide range of medical problems, including:
- Digestive disorders: gastritis and hyper-acidity, spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome.
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, and recurrent chest infections.
- Neurological and muscular disorders: headaches, facial tics, neck pain, rib neuritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendinitis, low hack pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis.
- Urinary, menstrual, and reproductive problems.
Acupuncture is particularly useful in resolving physical problems related to tension, stress and emotional conditions. Other areas acupuncture has been proven to be effective include:
- Bone spur
- Carpal tunnel
- Chronic fatigue
- Menopause/Hot flash
- Pain relieve (Chest, Hip, Leg, Lower Back, Neck, Shoulder, Stomach & etc.)
- Poor circulation
- skin problems
- Sports injuries
- Stop smoking
- Weight control
Juntendo Clinic Highland Park
1893 Sheridan Rd
Highland Park, IL